Joined: 09 May 2006
Location: miles from where you are
|Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:31 pm Post subject: Internet Explorer missing 'Continue to this website'
When visting a website and it gives you a certificate error saying "There's a problem with this website's security certificate" and usually gives you these options:
1. Click here to close this website
2. Continue to this website (not recommeded)
3. More information
There was an issue with a website I was visiting on Windows server 2008 with IE 9. I got this error but it didn't have the option to Continue to this website and could not enter the website.
There's more security on Windows server 2008 than a regular desktop. To enable the option "Continue to this website" you will have to go into the local group policies.
1. Go to "run" -> gpedit.msc
2. Under Computer configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Internet Control Panel
3. Under Prevent ignoring certificate error (set to disable even though it's set to undefined).
This will enable that option.
Artificial intelligence is not match for natural stupidity...